Welcome to my blog! Here you will find out what my family and I are up to!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cooling off

Yes, it's finally cooling off here! Can summer finally be over??? I hope so. I have had enough of 100 degrees. Right now it is 60 outside! It feels like autumn has arrived. David has just completed his first week of school, MOPS has started back up, and this baby is anywere from 3-5 weeks from making her arrival in this world.

David is loving being at school 5 days a week. He gets so excited in the morning when it's a school day and grumpy on the weekends when he doesn't get to go. He is learning the names of his classmates (he has a Luke in his class), loves his new teacher (and so do we) and gets to see his little "girlfriend" Dharma 3 days a week.

In addition, Luke is loving having the house all to himself in the mornings. He has free reign on all the toys and Mommy's full attention (although, not for long). The first day David was at school Luke was humming little songs and talking to his toys. I ask him what he wants to play with at home and he says "David's airplane!".

This time with Luke is something new for us. Last year David was in preschool in the afternoons when Luke would nap. We have never really had one-on-one time together and he's always had to share toys. I don't know if David knew how good he had it before Luke was born!

That's this week's update! Other than getting used to having a schedule every morning, I am trying to prepare for the coming of this, as of yet, nameless baby girl! I'll leave you with a few photos of my big school boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home