Welcome to my blog! Here you will find out what my family and I are up to!

Monday, May 04, 2009

Time for a quick update

Life has been busy around here lately. Spring has finally sprung with no sign of snow in the forecast. We've been busy watching our bulbs grow, planting new plants, weeding, and enjoying the wonderful weather. David has started his first year in Little League with his first game last Saturday. The kids have less than one month of school left till summer vacation.

We've been enjoying our first spring here in Bristol. It is so amazing to watch the woods come back to life. The trees are just now getting their leaves back and the underbrush is getting thick. I went out to the woods to plant a few baby trees yesterday and got thoroughly scraped up by the black raspberry branches. Luckily the poison ivy has not returned yet. Our pink magnolia is in full bloom and the trees are a flush with white and pink blooms all over town. I am continually amazed at the changing landscape. You truly haven't experienced spring until you've lived in the midwest. We went from a barren, snow covered landscape to an alive, flowering and green one. It is like in the Chronicles of Narnia movie when the snow starts melting and spring appears, except it is taking a lot longer!

Change is in the air all around us. My mom has bought a house here in our subdivision and is in the process of moving her things in. She is planning on doing some remodel changes to the house like re-carpeting, painting, and landscaping. She will be moved completely in a few weeks when the carpet gets done. I'm happy for her that she finally has a place of her own, but we miss her already. She has been living with us since September and it has worked out really well. She has become a seamless part of our household. The kids are always asking where Grandma is. "She's at her house" I say. Luckily her house is in walking distance and the kids get to go over frequently to "help" her.

We've hosted several family get-togethers since my last post. Our house seems the perfect place to be for the 20+ gatherings. Just this past weekend we had the family over plus some old friends from Marion, IN for a surprise party the celebrate the 70th birthday of Mark's dad. He was pretty surprised! He was delighted to see some of their good friends from his old church family. It was a beautiful and special day.

Tomorrow is Luke's 5th birthday! I am bringing cupcakes to class today and Luke is so excited! As usual, I can't believe how old he is! I remember the day he was born. My tiny little peaceful baby with the white tipped blond hair. He is constantly talking and is nonstop action. He loves to play with David and Hannah and test all his boundaries with me. I can't wait to see what this next year with bring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home