Welcome to my blog! Here you will find out what my family and I are up to!

Monday, November 17, 2008

How does that song go?

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!

Yay! We got our first real snow last night! And it's still snowing! We have had probably 3 inches and it's supposed to snow all day today and tonight. As soon as everyone was dressed and fed this morning we took the kids out. Too bad David had to go to school (although I sent him with his snow stuff for recess) and Mark had to go to work. There isn't quite enough to go sledding, but we were able to go slogging through it and throw some snow balls. It is just a bit too cold for snowman building though. 

This was Hannah's second time in the snow. Last year I put her out in it once, but she was so young she didn't last long. I got her a snowsuit and boots this year, but I still can't find waterproof gloves that fit her tiny hands. She really enjoyed being out there (except the wet, cold fingers).

It is magical outside. All the trees are white and it's so quiet. Here are a few shots of the house my mom took.



This is the house from the back, behind the woods.



This is one of the birch trees in our front yard.



Finally, Hannah and Luke playing in the snow.



1 Comments:

Blogger April (Thorup) Oaks said...

What great pictures! Your house and yard look great!

6:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home