Welcome to my blog! Here you will find out what my family and I are up to!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn in Indiana

So last year was officially our first year in Indiana (well, mine and the kids). But since we lived in the city and didn't have a yard, the kids didn't have the opportunity for any seasonal fun. Now that we have almost 2 acres and lots of trees we got out the rakes and made big leaf piles! It was the boys first time playing in a leaf pile and boy did Luke have fun. David was a little more reluctant to get in the wet and messy pile of leaves. I finally did convince him to lie down in it and I was able to get ONE photo of him looking like he was having fun. Then Luke tackled him and he looked like he actually was having fun!





After the leaf pile fun our neighbor Madison came over and the kids had some ice cream in the back of Mark's truck. Silly kids! Why can't I even get a "normal" photo of the boys? Luke got his first bee sting while playing in the woods. Why the bee chose to sting him is beyond me. He got it right on his ear lobe (thus the white thing on his ear). He was a trooper and the ice cream made him feel much better.


I finished my third sweater project this week as well. Just in time for fall weather. This is the February Lady Sweater pattern. I knit it with Malabrigo Merino Worsted yarn in the colorway "Sealing Wax". It is so soft, warm and squishy. I altered it a bit by adding tie closures instead of buttons and it is a little more fitted than the original pattern.


Finally, I took some photos of the trees in our back yard. They maples are just starting to turn color. It's so beautiful here!

2 Comments:

Blogger scrappermimi said...

What great fall pictures! How fun, gotta love an old fashion leaf pile, LOL! Gorgeous sweater!

12:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi,
How fun to read about your family. The sweater you made is beautiful. You are so domestic...unlike me! Have a great week.

Darla

4:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home