Welcome to my blog! Here you will find out what my family and I are up to!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sickies in the house

Just when we thought David was over his fever, he came down with a nasty cough. Yep, last night he started coughing. His fever came back and he actually, voluntarily laid down for a nap at 5:30 PM. If you know David, he never does this. I can count on one hand how many times he voluntarily napped in his lifetime. We let him sleep an hour, fed him dinner and he he went to bed at 9. We were awoken at 3 AM with a boy with really raspy breathing and a croupy cough. We ran the shower to do the steam treatment for him, gave him some advil and he slept in our bed till 8. Unfortunately, croup (if that is what he has) is contagious via the air, so I went to sleep on the couch in the living room for the rest of the night. Not the most comfortable night. I am just praying that I don't catch what he has. I can't imagine being sick and in labor. Not to mention the danger to the baby.

She still has not made any progress. I'm still having those contractions, they are just not very close. I am planning on doing some extensive walking today to try to get things started. Yesterday I did my best to keep active. I gave David a haircut, weeded the garden for about an hour, cleaned the bathroom, and baked. By the end of the day my feet were really swollen. Why isn't this baby cooperating?

On another note, we ordered new carpet for our house and it is scheduled to be installed on Thursday. Yay! So excited about it. We were hoping that the installation would happen while Mark's parents were here so they could help with the packing and the kids. So, that is a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home