Welcome to my blog! Here you will find out what my family and I are up to!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Time flies

We got David's very first school photo last week.



I cannot believe how grown up he looks. I also can't believe that he will be 6 in just 4 short months. Wasn't it just yesterday that we had his 5th birthday party? He is getting so big too. He hardly fits on my lap anymore and don't even talk to me about carrying him.

Maybe he seems so big because Hannah is so small. I remember when David used to sleep on my chest when he was a baby. Now, Hannah is the one sleeping on my chest. Just that tiny, warm and snuggly little package. I really love the baby stage. I guess I have to let them grow up. Sometimes I just wish they would stay small forever.

On another note, all is well with the world and it's going to be a good year. In case you didn't know, this Saturday, Ohio State won their big rivalry game against Michigan (or as Mark says, "that state up north"). Yes, the biggest and most important game of the season. The one where my husband paces the living room, worries to no end, and has to watch the game with no sound. OK, he did do a great job of containing the stress and interacting with his family during the game. I am just glad they won, because if they didn't, well, the weekend wouldn't have been as good as it was.

Speaking of, I was able to get some much needed gardening done. Our poor garden was suffering from neglect. I had barely touched it this summer because of the heat (that and my ever growing pregnant belly). If you can believe it, it was almost 90 degrees yesterday and my tomato plants are still producing good tomatoes! In fact, they are taking over the garden. I spent some time cutting them back a bit and pruning the herbs and the perennials. David helped me plant some new plants and do some weeding. I still have to clear out the green beans and plant some cool weather vegetables like peas and lettuce, if we ever get any cool weather!

Mark spent most of the day yesterday cleaning out the side yard. We hosed down the stuff that was piling up back there including the slip-n-slides, inflatable pool and the plastic ride on toys. David had a great time helping rinse down the cement. We had a good time together as a family. Then we had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ. Gotta love that warm weather. Makes up for not having any "seasons". Ha Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home